Coming Soon: Our In Store Annual Christmas Tasting- 25 & 26th November
Join us for complimentary mulled wine, mince pies, cheeses from The Courtyard Dairy, and a huge line up of excellent natural wines, open and available to taste all weekend long.
Expect a stand-out selection suitable for every aspect of the festive season; whether it’s crowd-pleasing wines perfect for gifts; brilliant sparkling's for gatherings with friends and family; robust wintery reds for slow-cooked dishes; the perfect selection for Christmas lunch; ports & sherries perfect for the cheeseboard; or that peaceful, fireside glass of Amarone when everyone has gone home… Come along and try them all!
There is nothing quite like Christmas for incentivising us to open some of the finest wines within our range. Aside from all the cosiness and the festive atmosphere, this is simply an opportunity to taste a selection of over 30 brilliant wines- completely free of charge.
The winemakers we will feature include, but are not limited to:
- Beautiful Champagne by Marie Courtin & one of the country's best English sparkling wines- the Davenport Blanc de Blancs. Taste them side by side and declare your winner!
- Continuing with sparklers; try bright, fruity, lower alcohol pet-nats- perfect for breakfast wine or with smoked fish starters
- Sample textured, elegant whites from Radford Dale in South Africa, I Custodi in Sicily, Clos de L'Elu in the Loire and the revered Terroir de Beru Chablis from none other than Chateau Beru
- We are opening wines, both white and red, from the Swiss legendary winemaker, Marie-Therese Chappaz. This is a rare opportunity to taste her wines and it's even more rare to be able to do so, free of charge!
- Find a range of robust reds, perfect from the season- from Cahors producer Cosse Maisonneuve, Causses Marines from Gaillac and Barolo from Principiano
- And, no Christmas is complete without Amarone. Sample the brilliant 2015 vintage from the venerable Meroni and prepare to be utterly enamoured
- Plus, stock up on a delicious range of ports, sherries and dessert wines, such as the fortified sweet reds from Banyuls; perfect for the cheese board and Christmas puddings, alike
Join us on Saturday 25th 10am-5.30pm and Sunday 26th 11am-5pm- drop in any time!
Can't wait until then? See our full Portfolio online here, available for UK-wide delivery between now and Christmas!