Domaine JosmeyerAlsace, France
Josmeyer was founded in 1854 by restaurant owner Aloyse Meyer who set about building on his father’s work in the wine trade.
Since then, the estate has passed through 5 generations of the Meyer family, with Jean Meyer responsible for switching the entire estate to organic and biodynamic culture. He is credited with elevating the estate to one of Alsace’s greats. After his death, his daughters Celine and Isabelle took over running of the estate. The 28 hectare estate is situated at Wintzenheim, and benefits from low annual rainfall, some of the lowest in France. Riesling and Pinot Blanc are given the largest sections of the estate, with Auxerrois, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir and Gewurztraminer also growing here. 5 distinct terroirs make up the estate, 2 of which have achieved Grand Cru status: Hengst and Brand. Once hand picked, the grapes undergo gentle pressing followed by natural fermentation in 100 year old casks, where they also receive some lees ageing. Josmeyer’s wines are characterised by freshness, complexity and minerality, with each of the 5 terroirs contributing to different expressions of the grapes. These are true wines of character, and though their labels may suggest a certain playfulness, they are certainly serious wines.
- Fleur de Lotus Josmeyer NV22.00
- Pinot Blanc Mise du Printemps Josmeyer 202022.00Out of stock
- Sylvaner Peau Rouge Josmeyer 201923.00Out of stock
- Riesling Le Kottabe Josmeyer 201830.00
- Fromenteau Pinot Gris Josmeyer 201730.00
- Gewurztraminer Les Folastries Josmeyer 201732.00
- Pinot Auxerrois H Josmeyer 201735.00
- Pinot Noir Josmeyer 202036.00
- Riesling Le Dragon Domaine Josmeyer 201838.00
- Pinot Gris Un Certain Regard Josmeyer 201738.00
- Pinot Gris Grand Cru Brand L'Exception Josmeyer 2009 DESSERT WINE 750ml58.00
- Riesling Grand Cru Hengst Domaine Josmeyer 201659.00
- Pinot Blanc Mise du Printemps Josmeyer 2018 MAGNUM60.00