Tullibardine dates back to the 15th Century, in 1488, when a young King James, IV of Scotland, stopped by to purchase beer from the local brewery.
By 1503, the King had granted them a Royal Charter. It was in 1947 that William Delmé-Evans began converting this original brewery into the Tullibardine Distillery because of the superior quality of the nearby water. Today, they are still famly owned and believe in doing things traditionally, meaning non-chill filtered and no caramel colouring. They are also one of the few distilleries to distill, mature and bottle all on site, giving them complete control over the process.